2022年6月23日木曜日

痛み・痛い

pain /peɪn/
n)身体の強い痛み、精神の痛み
★ the feelings that you have in your body when you have been hurt or when you are ill
in pain  She was clearly in a lot of pain.
pain in something  He felt a sharp pain in his knee.
・stomach/chest/abdominal/back pains
・you get more aches and pains as you get older.
★ mental or emotional difficulty
★ a person or thing that is very annoying

I have a pain in my leg.
Take this medicine for your leg pain.
The break-up caused him a lot of pain.

v)苦しめる
Their criticisms pained him greatly.
It pains me to have to fire such a good employee.

sore /sɔː(r)/ /sɔːr/
adj)ズキズキ・ヒリヒリする
★ if a part of your body is sore, it is painful, and often red, especially because of infection or because a muscle has been used too much
to have a sore throat
・His feet were sore after the walk.
・My stomach is still sore (=painful) after the operation.
・When I woke up my head was sore and throbbing. 
I have a sore back.
My eyes are sore from looking at the computer so long.
Her legs were sore from the long bike ride.
My muscles are sore.
★ sore(at somebody/about something)  upset and angry, especially because you have been treated unfairly
・He was still sore at me for telling him he couldn't sing.

ache /eɪk/
v)身体の軽い痛み
★ to feel a continuous pain that is not severe
ache from something  Her eyes ached from lack of sleep.
・It makes my heart ache(=it makes me sad) to see her suffer.
severe /sɪ'vɪə(r)/ /sɪ'vɪr/ adj)激しい、厳しい






/hurt 



Can you feel any pain?  痛みは感じますか?

I feel no pain.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿