2022年9月14日水曜日

Let's talk

Ice breaking
Sorry guys, I've just been jogging before coming here.
It's my daily routine.

small talk
Do you come here often?
Do you live in this area?
I haven't seen you for a while.

How are you?
Not too bad, can't complain.
I just wanna live in a world without mice.
mouse  ウス n)ネズミ  複)mice イス
rat ットゥ n)大型ネズミ
天井裏:above/in the ceiling
aboveァヴ前)...より上に

How's your week going?
 It's going great.
   I just got back from a week at the beach.
   I just got back from 3 days on mountain.
Where'd you go?  (where'd=where did)
   Just hang out at the beach, mostly.
Do you do that every year?

Let me ask you a question
How are you enjoying your staying Japan so far?
Many things are different here.
How do you pronounce your name?

self-introduction
exercise
As you can see my active wear, I have exercise habit.
Swimming in the ocean is as an example.
I'm going for swim to the beach this weekend. 

Once you get into the habit, it's a cinch.
cinch ィンチ n)馬の腹帯、しっかり握る、簡単にできる事・朝飯前=very easy

English
It goes without saying that I enjoy studying English.
It’s almost 30 years since then, after going to the first oversea trip in Thailand.
I felt inspired to speak English at all.
It’s quite useful in overseas.
How many years have you been studying?
I would say 30 years at least.

What do you do for a living?
I’m an old hand at building a house.

day job
I teach young guys how to get the license to practice architecture at school. 

What field are you in?
What's it like to work there?
I love it, it's challenging and everyday there's something new.
Workin' hard or hardly workin'?

At this time of year
Autumn is "time of harvest".
So, Autumn is a perfect season to have a good appetite.
But as for me, "all year long".

Covid-19
There has been some confusion on the way.
The situation is changing for the better.
I hope things will change for the better.
confusion コンフュ-ジョン n)混乱・混同・あいまい








0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿