2020年8月31日月曜日

Extreme Weather

devastate ヴァステイト v)荒廃させる、受身)がっかりさせられた、ひどく落ち込んだ

torrential rain 集中豪雨

extreme weather 異常気象

global warming 地球温暖化

record-breaking 記録的な

heatwave 猛暑

natural disaster 自然災害

I was devastated to see the news about the torrential rain that hit Kyushu recently.

It was scary. Extreme weather, like heavy rain causing floods, often occurs in Japan.

I think it's getting worse lately. Maybe because of global warming?

You might be right. The other day, I saw that even Siberia experienced a record-breaking heatwave.

We need to be prepared for natural disasters. This year, I've added extra masks to my emergency kit.

Local governments have hazard maps online. They show which areas are likely to flood.

Is that right? I'll check it out and prepare an emergency kit with masks.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿