2020年8月31日月曜日

Keep Your Guard Up

let one's guard down 気を緩める

second wave 第2波

controversial 議論を引き起こす

insist 主張する

effectiveness 効果

decrease 減らす

transmission 伝染

significantly かなり

That's why... そんなわけで...だ

GUARDSMAN
Security Guard








Hey, Ashley. Did you hear that some cities in the world have gone back into lockdown?

I did. The number of positive COVID-19 cases appeared to go down, but it started to increase again.

We shouldn't let our guard down. The impact of the second wave is said to be greater than the first.

In the U.S., masks have become controversial. Some insist that they have the right not to wear one.

Some people seem to doubt their effectiveness, but some studies show that masks decrease transmission significantly.

I didn't know they were so effective! I sometimes forget mine when I go out.

I do, too. That's why I always carry a few extra ones in my bag!

Good thinking! We all need to try and stop the spread.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿