2024年6月6日木曜日

To be spoiled

to be treated incredibly well, indulged, or pampered

We're so spoiled because our neighbors share good food with us. "Have you ever had a neighbor bring you over some freshly made cookies or maybe some soup that they just made on a cold day? It's such a beautiful feeling. This is a way to truly show love, I think. So for me, I have several neighbors that are constantly sharing food together. I feel spoiled. I am spoiled that my neighbors share such good food with me. What do you think this means, to be spoiled? This just means that I am treated well. Maybe even above well. I am pampered. Someone is taking care of me more than is even necessary. I'm spoiled. 

Her children are spoiled. She always gives them what they want. We do sometimes use this negatively for children. So if your child always asks for toys and every time they ask for a toy, you say yes. Anytime, you're walking down the aisle in a store and they say, "I want to buy that." You say, "Okay." And they want to buy something else, and you say, "Okay, okay, okay, okay." Well, you know what? Your children are spoiled. This is not a good thing. It's not a good thing for us as adults either, but when someone is spoiling me by giving me food, this is generally just kind of a neutral or good thing. But make sure that you try not to spoil your children too much. We want them to be grateful for things that they have.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿