2022年2月28日月曜日

介護する

Caregiver

As for me, what a terrible month!  February was a bad month. 
I'm now caring part time for my frail mother. She turned 87 recently. I moved in with my mother in Tokyo. I used to cook for my kids, but now for my mother. What a radical change of lifestyle.


(病気で)倒れる  collapse, be stricken   気絶する faint
My mother collapsed from/with a stroke.
My mother was stricken from/with pneumonia.
collapseラップス  v)崩壊する、倒れこむ n)崩壊、衰弱
strike ストイク v)打ち付ける、ひらめく、突然襲う strike-struck-stricken
faint フェイントゥ v)気が遠くなる、気絶する
stroke ストウク n)脳卒中
pneumonia ニュゥゥニア n)肺炎
He caught/contracted pneumonia and was hospitalized.
contract  コントクト v)契約する、関係を結ぶ、重い病気にかかる
The baby's cold developed into pneumonia.
People with weakened immune systems are at a high risk for being infected with pneumonia.
weaken ウィ-クン v)弱める、弱まる
immuneミュ-ン adj)免疫をもつ、抗体をもつ

救急車 call an ambulance

call 911(US)/999(UK)
ambulance crew 救急車の救急隊員
crew クゥー n)乗組員 (単複両扱い)

満床 full, out of beds
The hospitals were full/out of beds.


入院する be hospitalized, be in the hospital
She was hospitalized with/for heart disease.
She got hospitalized with cardiovascular disease.
cardiovascular カーディオヴァスキュラー adj)心臓血管の  cardiovascular disease
It's important to exercise often to prevent heart and cardiovascular disease.


施設に入れる  place, house, put away
We place old people in institutions.
In that case, the authorities will house you in some kind of government facility.
I will strongly recommend that we place our mother in a nursing home or rehab.
institution インスティテューション n)設立、機関、施設
rehab ゥ ハァーブ n)リハビリ、リハビリ施設 rehabilitation の略
put away 片づける、収容する、捨てる   put clothes away in a closet

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿