2019年9月21日土曜日

Alternative

TOPICS(English, Running, Swimming, etc)
Although I'm not an expert, it certainly boosts my happiness.

Rather than/Instead of/instead

How are you getting there?  どうやってそこにいくの?
 I drive my car.
I think, rather than/instead of driving the car, why don't you take the train?
You should take the train instead.
It's clear that we gonna get stuck in traffic.
※stuck ここでは(形)動けなくなった
SEP 21, Ali
Rather than taking the 805, use the 163.
Suggesting Alternatives
Rather than going through downtown, take the 52.
What are two ways of getting from your area to the next town?

Are you still going to the zoo on Sunday?
Yeah. I'm driving down with a few friends.
Which way are you going?
I've never been before. The route planner i use said the 805, and then head west on 8.
Rather than taking the 805, use the 163. It'll take you straight to the zoo.
Cool. Thanks.

Rather than catching the bus, why don't you take the subway?
Instead of driving through the rush hour traffic, use the bypass.
Don't wait for a train, I'd just walk to the next station instead.

take the train/take the bus
cycle along the road/cycle through the park
take the 308/head west on Garden Avenue
walk back across the bridge/use the bridge/take the ferry
get off at Wilson/change to the Green Line/take the Blue Line
use Bond street/head east to Beach Springs/take the Central tunnel

Rather than taking the 805, go down the 163.
Go down the 163 rather than taking the 805.
Why don't you head along Parson Road and then along the river instead?

Are you going to cycle over to Jefferson Park?
※over 副詞)出向いていく
 I can come over. そっちに行こうか?
 I can come over to your office. オフィスに行こうか?
 I'd like to have you over for dinner this weekend. 今週末(家に)夕食にお招きしたいのですが。夕食に家に来てください
※comeとgoの使い分け
comeは話している相手に近づく時にはgoではなくcomeを使う
Yeah, I was thinking of going down past the airport and then along Wilson Avenue.
※past 前置詞)~を通り過ぎて
That way round is pretty long. Why don't you head up Parson Road and then along the river instead?
※way round/way around 逃げ道
That sounds like a good idea.

Are you still going to the beach tomorrow?
Yeah. We're going to try to get there early.
Which way are you going?
I was planning to take the 651 and then switch to the 816.
That intersection gets a lot of traffic in the mornings. Rather than taking the 651, go down the 41. It'll get you there faster.
Okay. I'll try that.

How are you getting to that job interview at the museum?
I was going to take the Blue Line down to Fulton West.
※down 副)離れていく
That'll take ages. Instead of the Blue Line, take the Red Line and get off at Fulton Parkway. Then, you can just walk across the park.
I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.












0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿