2023年7月26日水曜日

A growing number of people are looking for alternatives to alcohol and I'm one, too. I want to stay social and want a more balanced life style. The sober curious movement has started among younger people, And I think it'll spread across generations. 18 July 2023

a growing number of ...   ~の数の増大、ますます多くの~
alternative /ɔːl'tɜːnətɪv/ /ɔːl'tɜːrnətɪv/ adj)二者択一の、代わりの
alternative to ...   ~に代わるもの、~の代替品
stay social
balanced   adj)均衡のとれた・バランスのよい
a balanced life style
sober   /'səƱbə(r)/ /'səƱbər/ adj)酔っていない・しらふの、禁酒している
★ not drink (= not affected by alcohol)
・I stayed sober so I could drive us home.
sober curious 飲めるけとあえてお酒を飲まない
across 

I drink only moderately. A glass or two of beer or wine is probably enough for me, I can feel drunk just enjoying good food and conversation. Expert say more than forty percent of Japanese people luck the enzyme that breaks down alcohol in a liver. This is apparently specific to the Mongoloid race. 18 July 2023

moderately /'mɒdərətli/ /'mɑːdərətli/ adv)そこそこ・ほどよく・穏やかに
a glass or two of beer   ビール1,2杯
enzyme  n)酵素
liver    n)肝臓・レバー
apparently   adv)みたところ、どうやら
Mongoloid n)黄色人種

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿