2024年2月8日木曜日

Emphasizing what you like or are good at

If there's one thing I love to ....  , it's ....
If there's one thing I love to do, it's hiking.

Listening A
a: Can you help me with this?
b: Sure. Move over. If there's one thing I'm really good at, it's preparing squid.
a: Wow. You're so fast. Where did you learn how to do that?
b: From my mom. We used to eat a lot of seafood in our house.
a: Really? So you can debone fish and things like that too?
b: Yeah, of course. Now, do you want rings or strips? 

Listening B
a: Hey, look. it's really sunny.
b: Oh, yeah. If there's one thing I love to do on a morning like this, it's eat breakfast outside in the fresh air.
a: Won't it be too cold?
b: Not if you put on a scarf and a sweater. Besides, a mug of hot coffee will soon warm you up.
a: Well, okay. I suppose I could give it a try.

Listening C
a: We'll need to get some steaks for tonight.
b: Leave that to me. If there's one thing I know how to do, it's choose a good cut of meat.
a: Really? How do you do it?
b: It's all in the color and the marbling.

squid
debone
leave that/it to me   私にまかせて下さい
marbling

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿