2024年2月25日日曜日

thanks to

Just a little note. This can also be used sarcastically to talk about something bad. Because it’s a little bit funny it’s a little bit silly. And when you're having a hard time, sometimes humor is the best medicine.

So you might say, "Thanks to my neighbor's dog barking all night, I couldn't sleep." I'm not really thanking my neighbor's dog, I'm pretty annoyed that my neighbor's dog barked all night. But I'm using this expression with a little bit of a sarcastic tone.

So listen to the tone of my voice when I say it. "Thanks to my neighbor's dog barking all night, I couldn't sleep." So here, if there's something negative that's affecting your life, you can also use this expression. Just make sure your tone of voice reflects that.

sarcastic   /sɑːr'kæstɪk/ adj)皮肉な・いやみな
sarcastically /sɑːr'kæstɪkli/ adv)皮肉を込めて・嫌味っぽく

bark /bɑːrk/ v)犬などが吠える n)犬などの吠え声
annoy /ə'nɔɪ/ v)悩ます・苦しめる・困らせる
affect /ə'fekt/ v)影響を及ぼす・人の心を動かす
reflect /rɪ'flekt/ v)反射する・感情などを反映する

humor /'hjuːmər/ n)ユーモア・こっけい・おかしみ

funny /'fʌni/ adj)おもしろい、変な・奇妙な
silly /'sɪli/ adj)何かを真剣に受け止めないことを表し、馬鹿げている等の意
negative /'negətɪv/ adj)ネガティブな


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿