2020年1月30日木曜日

Getting used to not working might be...

7d-03 Speculating on adapting to a change
変化への適応がどれくらい簡単かを予測するときには、getting used to と would/could/might/may を一緒に使います

may/might/could =50%程度 
would=100%

Getting used to the late nights may be pretty hard.
What is a major lifestyle change you have made? How quickly did you adjust?

I heard Bev's retiring next month.
Yeah. Imagine all that free time. She's so lucky.
To be honest, I think getting used to not working might be pretty hard, especially if you've been working as long and putting in as many hours as Bev.
You're right, I guess, but at least she won't have to ride a crowded train every morning.

put in 時間を費やす
crowded クラウディット adj)混雑した

Getting used to a new way of doing things might take some time.
Getting used to paying for everything herself may be quite tough.
Getting used to working longer hours could be hard.
Getting used to budgeting on a pension would be difficult for me.

Listening
Taylor's having a party next week before she goes on maternity leave.
Yeah, She's very excited about becoming a mom.
Getting used to the new routine might take longer than she thinks.
That's true. I don't think I ever got used to the sleepless nights when I had Liam.

I heard Janice is selling her apartment and moving to the country.
That's right. I'm really jealous. Living away from the city would be so nice.
I guess so. I think getting used to not having any stores nearby would be difficult for me, tough.
Really? I wouldn't mind that. It might even help me cut down on my spending.

Pascal got that job in Kenya. He leaves next month.
Yeah. He's so lucky he won't have to commute to work in the snow and ice anymore.
True, but I think getting used to the heat may be tough.
Actually, he said the temperature's around twenty-two degrees in winter. It might not be bad.



自主トレ)
This new system is so complicated. この新しいシステムは超複雑。
It'll take some getting used to. 慣れるまで少し時間がかかりそうだな。

How's your family doing?
I'm sure it'll take some getting used to, but my family is doing okay.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿