2021年2月5日金曜日

過去と現在の比較文

There weren't as many safety regulations (when I was young).

There weren't as many kids playing on their phones.

There wasn't as much traffic on the roads when I was young.



lesser amount in the past

There weren't as many career paths for women. キャリアの道⇒昇進の道

There wasn't as much pressure(social pressure) to fit in.

(You feel that you Must be normal like everyone else)

There wasn't as much concern for the environment then.

There weren't as many products related to ...

nearlyは not as much/many の強意語としてよく使われる

There weren't nearly as many traffic accidents back then

nearly adv)おおよそ



『当時は』 back then/at the time/in those days

It was normal back then. I was a student back then.

People got married much younger back then.

I was living in LA back then.

I was young and naive back then.

They didn't have the internet/celphone back then. 当時はインターネットはなかった


naive ナイーヴ adj)世間知らずの

gullible だまされやすい

credulous だまされやすい

ignorant 無知な

blunt 鈍感な

inexperienced 経験が浅い


sensitive 敏感な、傷つきやすい

innocent 潔白な、無邪気な




~ちょっと使える例文~

cramming for their university entrance exam

when I was that age. 私がその年齢の時

There seem to be a lot more pressure these days.

I'm pretty sure.

trash separate


(with Thomas, thanks)



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿