2024年4月7日日曜日

The last time we were on the pod together, we talked about cultural trends and highlights in 2022. You also recently spoke to Jason about the evolution of Yayoi Kusama. Now, you're taking a little detour and you've written a piece about sakura forecasting. What piqued your interest in this subject?
ー Well, first of all, great point, Alyssa. I am not a science reporter. I'm not here in the capacity of being climate change expert. But I have always been interested since I moved to Japan in the sakura forecast, because I think it is kind of a unique part of culture here. And I was really curious, like, you know, I would see these lists of like "Who is recording this?" Is it just like a guy? But you know, how I pictured was a guy with white gloves, and a magnifying glass every day going out and checking the difference in the diameter of these flowers.



evolution   n)進化・発展
detour n)回り道・迂回・遠回り
piece n)全体の一片・部品・ピース
pique v)好奇心を刺激する
with white gloves   念入りな
glove   /glʌv/ n)手袋
magnify   v)大きく見せる・拡大する
diameter n)直径、倍率

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿