2020年3月21日土曜日

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED TO ME...

A funny thing happened to me last Friday. I'd gone into Chicago to do some shopping. I wanted to get some Christmas presents, and I needed to find a book for my psych course (I'm a junior at Northwestern University in Evanston). I had gotten to the city early, so by early afternoon I'd bought everything that I wanted. Anyway, I'm not crazy about downtown Chicagoー all the noise and traffic and strange peopleー and I'd made plans for that night. I just wanted to get in my car and drive home before the rush hour, but I felt really tired. I decided that I had time for a cup of coffee and a short rest. I bought a Tribune and went into a small cafeteria near the garage where I had parked my car. I got a cup of coffee and a package of doughnutsー glazed doughnuts. I'm crazy about glazed doughnuts. There were plenty of empty tables, and I found one near the window. I sat down and started the crossword puzzle in the paper. I always enjoy doing crossword puzzles.

psych イク adj)精神医学の
Tribune トビューン n)新聞
glazed グイズド adj)光沢のある glazed donuts シュガージロップをかけたドーナッツ

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿