2020年4月15日水曜日

8 Apr. Business Communication in Action 4

《coronavirus》
I hope the situation is resolved soon. resolveゾ-ルヴ v)解決する
It depends on how calm we are. depend ディンド v)...次第である


Everyday conversation
feel dizzy
have trouble...ing
   I have trouble finding a good apartment/reserving a plain ticket.
wear off   徐々に弱まる、効き目が切れてくる
 the medicine is wearing off  medicine ディシン n)薬、治療 
   the novelty soon wears off     novelty ノーヴェルティ  n)目新しさ 複)novelties
   The effect of the anesthetic were starting to wear off.   
  anesthetic アナスティック n)麻酔 adj)麻酔の
 The kids spent hours on the computer at first, but the novelty soon wore off.
   I might say... I need to take another painkiller. The last one is wearing off.
   Exciting is first, but now the thrill has worn off. (wear-wore-worn)
wear out 使い古す、すり減らす
   I've worn out the shoes. I need to get another pair.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿