2019年10月22日火曜日

I'm not willing to negotiate on that

7c-14, Describing what you can agree to do

《賛成する表現 willing, prepared
be willing to do something
快く...する、...しても構わない(必要があれば断らずにやる)
Are you willing to assist on an evacuation?
I'm not willing to attend the meeting tonight.
I'm not willing to wait for someone.
I'm willing to do the dishes at home.
I'm willing to go to a jazz club to entertain your significant.
I'm willing to live off of potatoes and cabbage for two months in order to buy something.
  assist v)援助する、助ける
  evacuation  n)避難

We’re prepared to reduce the asking price by 10%, but that's our final offer.
Have you ever negotiated the price or conditions of something?

A:We don't really need any of your staff, but we're prepared to take about ten of them as a gesture of goodwill.
B:Absolutely not. I'm not willing to negotiate on that. If you want to buy my      company, you need to take on all of my staff, too.
A:Come on, Ms. Richards. Be reasonable.
B:Listen. These people are my company. That's my final word on it.

gesture n)ジェスチャー
goodwill n)親切、好意
final word 最終決断

tout n)客引き ウト
pounce v)飛びつく、襲いかかる ゥンス ンス
When I went to Delhi in India, there are touts everywhere as a gesture of goodwill. Also, a lot of touts were waiting to pounce on me at the airport.

I'm willing to offer you a 20% stake.
We're prepared to keep using your brand for now.
We're not willing to relocate the factory.
I'm not prepared to reduce the workforce.

offer v)〔相手の利益の為に物事を〕差し出す、提供する、申し出る
stake  n)出資金、賞金 ステイ
relocate v)移転する、転勤する リロケイ
workforce n)〔単複両用〕全従業員、労働力
rehire v)再雇用する
rebrand v)ブランド再生する
severance pay n)退職金 severance n)切り離し、契約解除、退職手当 バァランス
merge v)合併する
asking price n)希望価格
employment conditions n)雇用条件
retirement package n)退職金、退職金制度
generous  adj)気前のよい ジェナァラス
negotiable adj)交渉の余地がある  ネゴウシブル
executive  adj)役員・重役の n)役員・重役  イクキュティブ
consultant n)顧問・相談役
takeover  v)乗っ取る
clarify  v)明らかにする クアファイ
decision n)決定した結果、判決

We're prepared to give you a generous retirement package.
⇒But, I'm not willing to leave the company. I want to keep working.
We're prepared to leave you with a twenty percent stake in the company.
⇒Well, I'm not willing to negotiate on that. I'd like to have a stake, forty percent.
I'm prepared to merge the company names to make the ABC House.
⇒Well, I'm willing to accept that.
We're prepared to rehire half of your workforce.
⇒I'm willing to agree to that.
We're prepared to keep two of the four factories in the US.
⇒I'm not willing to move any overseas, and keep them all here.
I'm prepared to give you a position as an executive consultant.

A:So, Mr. Peters, you've read over our offer?
B:Yes, I have, and there's something I'd like to clarify with you.
A:Certainly
B:It says here that Margate Holdings are prepared to keep all my staff.
A:That's right.
B:But I can't see my name on this new company structure. Is that a mistake?
A:I'm afraid not. Mr. Peters, we're prepared to offer you a very attractive retirement package.
B:But it's my company. I started it thirty years ago.
A:Yes, and we appreciate your hard work. But in the new structure...
B:No. I'm not going to just walk away.
A:But Mr. Peters, the decision has already been made.
B:I'm not leaving this company.










0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿