2021年7月12日月曜日

Force

A California wildfire that closed nearly 200 square miles of forest forced evacuations across state lines into Nevada as winds and scorching.
wildfire 山火事
closed v)閉める 
square n)四角形・正方形 adj)四角形の・正方形の
force  v)~を余儀なくさせる
state lines 州境
scorching スコーチングadj)焼け付くようbな激しい
My wife forced me to live with my mother.
I had to force myself to live with my mother.
Many restaurants have been forced to close early.
force2 verb [transitive]    1 MAKE SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING to make someone do something they do not want to do → persuadeforce somebody to do something Government troops have forced the rebels to surrender. Due to the high cost of borrowing, many companies have been forced to close.force yourself to do something I had to force myself to get up this morning.force somebody/something into (doing) something women who are forced into arranged marriages Bad health forced him into taking early retirement.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿