2023年5月17日水曜日

値切る

haggle /'hægl/ v)値切る

★ to argue with somebady in order to reach an agreement, especially about the price of something

・haggle over/about something
I left him in the market haggling over the price of a shirt.

・haggle with somebody over/about something
We spent a long time haggling with the authorities over visas.

・haggle something
You can sometimes haggle a good discount.

・haggle something down (to something)
I managed to haggle the price down to something more reasonable.


Is there any store that we can haggle the price down?

This is a little expensive.
It's much too expensive.
Could you make it half the price?
Will you sell it for 10 dollars?
I will take it for 10 dollars.
The same item was 20 dollars at the other shop. Would you go lower than that?
I saw this in other shops. They were selling it for 20 dollars. Make it 20 dollars, and I'll buy it.
If I buy them together, can you give me a discount?
How about 20 dollars for five?
If I buy 10 of them, can you make it a little cheaper?
I'm going to look around a little more. Thank you.
I will look at some other stores. Thank you.
I'm looking for a gift for my friend.
It's too expensive. I can't pay that.
Will you take 35 dollars?
It's still too expensive. It's over my budget.
Come down just a little more.
OK, I'll take it.

May I help you?
How about this?
How much would you like to spend?
That's impossible. OK, I'll take 45 dollars.
OK, this is my final offer; 42 dollars. I can't make it any lower.
All right. Then, 40 dollars.
We will offer you the product at a lower price than other stores.
We cannot give you any lower price.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿